Can't wait to welcome the Naga back to Rokugan!

A place for general discussion of all things L5R.

Can't wait to welcome the Naga back to Rokugan!

Postby Doji Nagori » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:05 pm

Current issues with game design aside, I definitely picked the right time to come back to L5R. When I started back in Gold, I was bummed that Naga wasn't a playable faction. When I picked it back up earlier this year, I had no idea what was in store. I just wanted to play Crane again. But now I have even more to look forward to. The only thing I'm worried about is availability of the Naga starter when it launches.

What does everyone want to see from the Naga faction? Aside from competitive viability, that is. Enlightenment and dueling don't really seem to make much sense to me. Scouts, ranged attacks, and shugenja are already covered but they seem appropriate for the Naga. What about some sort of alternate win condition like Political Standoff, Kobi Sensei, etc.? In any case I'm very much looking forward to keeping up with Naga alongside Crane.

Also, many thanks to Qalyar for taking the time to set up this site for all the Naga enthusiasts.
Doji Nagori

Re: Can't wait to welcome the Naga back to Rokugan!

Postby Neckbeard » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:46 pm

Any non attachment based theme. Tausha/warlord follower stacks were fun back in the day and could even be competitive nowadays given the push for attachments, but would interest me zero percent. They're hard to balance and limit cross thematic splashing.

I want me an Indiana Jones style pit O' snakes! Snakes e'erywhurr! On the ground, in your hair, on your plane! And eyepatches!
Shakin' My Tail Without Fail
Neckbeard

Postby O-Fudo » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:34 am

IMO it's been faaaaaar to long a wait. And we really need a new Shahadet to lead us in battle. Naga was and is the original range attackers. I want to see arrows raining from the sky! Also gratz and my appreciation for putting this site up! :mrgreen: *naga smiley face*
O-Fudo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:49 pm

How soon do you think that Naga-aligned cards will start appearing? Twenty Festivals?
Kakita Shiro

Postby sndwurks » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:38 pm

And then I found out that there's a forum site set up for my returning faction.

And man, does it feel good to be back.
David Gordon Buresh
Doomsayer

Senior RPG Contributor
Cardboard Republic

Susumu Naishi in Winter Court 4
sndwurks

Postby The Shahadet » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:57 pm

RE: themes.

I would expect many range attacks, some kind of force pump sharing, and anti shadowlands meta.

And of course, Dat Pearl Magic. :)
The Shahadet

Postby Neckbeard » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:50 pm

Just reprint Zenathaar and standoff for a dashmar type honor win. I dug ranged naga, but we were always rather one dimensional. Dishonor and enlightenment make very little sense, so anything that lets us play more than just generic tower military or swarm would be nice.
Shakin' My Tail Without Fail
Neckbeard

Return to Way of the Greensnake: General